• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy in the interactive, online world. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about children under 13 years of age. COPPA also requires that we obtain the consent of a parent or guardian in order to collect such information.
We neither intentionally solicit nor intentionally collect personally-identifying information directly from children under 13 years of age. From time to time, we may collect information as is required to carry out our foundation's mission, but we will only do so if the child's parent or guardian has consented to such collection or has submitted the information to us directly.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of a child's personal information are important to us. In order to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information of children, we will not publicly display or disclose a child's last name, phone number, address, city of residence, or state of residence. In addition, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are designed to protect information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We will, from time to time, review our security measures to consider whether new technologies or methods are appropriate. However, you should understand that no safeguards are perfect or impenetrable.
If we have collected personal information on a child, that child's parent or legal guardian may contact us at any time to review what has been collected or to request the deletion of any information collected. The child's parent or legal guardian may also direct us to stop any and all collection or use of the information.